Friday, June 21, 2013

Installed!!!

 
 
Hurray!  The Edgewater Eagles now have their new home.
I can't believe it's done.  The mural and I have been together for what seems like a very long time.
I rode the three blocks to the school with the heart in the back of our truck.  It was almost too large to fit so I needed to sit and stabilize it.
I arrived early at the school to find the maintenance men already there to install it.
It was so heart warming to hear the students say "I know where that is!"  They recognized it as being a view of the pond on the north end of the school property.
Staff response was also very touching.  A huge "Thank You" to them for their support and encouragement and a special "Thank You" to Sharlene for daring to dream with me and make this a reality.  Let this be a legacy for all for your wonderful years of service and the incredible community that you nurtured in our little school.
I am so glad to be able to have done this for this delightful little school. 
A huge "Thank You" to my husband for his patience with me and this project and all the support he supplied from cutting out the native animals, trimming the heart, creating a way to hang the heart on my easel for painting, and all the myriad of details involved in the final preparations for hanging all the items. You Rock, dear!!!
 


No comments: