Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Elephant in the Room

 
Covering the primed wood with a thin wash of gesso was the answer to the adhesion problem.  Thank goodness!
My husband worked patiently with me as we decided how to assemble the giant wooden heart so that I can work on it.  It took the better part of a day to come up with a solution that allows me to 'hang' it from my easel.  It has now completely taken over the studio end of our kitchen like an elephant in the room. 

 
With it being so large in such a small space it is difficult to be able to step back and see the whole picture.  The other challenge will be working with the light.  Mornings should be okay but as the day progresses the light moves behind.  I may have to take another stab at rearranging things. Large plants, furniture, and the peninsula of the counter make for limited options.


No comments: