Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Planning


 
I've made templates of the components of the mural in order to work on the scale.  I really want things to look balanced and connected.  I also want to incorporate some native style figures to celebrate the native members of the school community.

The next step involves creating the native style figures out of board, getting students to sand them, and then get them primed. I will then sketch out the design during Spring Break so that some of the older students can paint them in April.
I also need to figure out how to draw/sketch the scene on the three pieces of the heart.  Working on the floor is extremely difficult.  I am hoping that my husband can help me figure out how to connect the three pieces and perhaps hang them from my easel.   My plan is to also get the pond scene drawn onto the wood so that after the Break some of the students can help with the underpainting.
Everything takes so much longer when it has to be worked around school schedules and teaching the students how to do their parts but it will be worth it if they feel ownership of the finished project.   Despite moments of feeling overwhelmed by the scale and timeline of the project, I remain excited and eager to pull it all together!

No comments: